Friday, March 10, 2006

Beauty

I just watched Hero again. I teared a little at the end. I dont understand why my housemates cannot see the beauty of this movie. An emperor who braves the burden and blame that history will cause him to bear to realise his vision of greatness for his country. Two who stand up to him and put their lives in the hands of another to realise their quest to kill him. A servant who would die for her master. A swordsman who would hear his true calling when the fruit of ten years labour was in the palm of his hands, and let it go. A warrior who sees another's vision and past his percieved tyranny, extinguishing his desire for revenge with a dream for his country. And the same warrior laying down his blade to die on his beloved's, to win her heart again. I feel the pain and sorrow and hope that these people feel. The movie somehow feels static, like it could be painted in its entirety into a single picture. What I would give to die like that..

Aaah.. and people say growing up in Singapore makes you a cynic. Welcome to America. Or maybe its just me. I'm such a sensitive child. haha.

Next coupla weeks should be a little less hectic, especially once i turn in the next 61C project on wednesday; can focus on my Mayan Calendrics paper. That sould put me through some interesting reads. Hopefully I can fill in the past two months stuff here in this time. There was so much to say, I just somehow never got past thinking about it.

Somebody recommend me a tagboard. Its just not working with me and boards.. they randomly delete stuff, disappear, expire.... generally just being a struggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

$